Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Words from Joanie's friend

Joanie and I became fast friends when we were both new transplants to MN. When Joanie met Shawn, there was a collective “ah ha” moment among her friends. This was it. We all knew it. Joanie was happy. “First came love, then came marriage, then came baby/ies in the baby carriage”…

Shawn made us laugh louder. He made the party bigger. He was the BBQ king. He loved his wife and knew he had it good. Shawn had a huge group of friends, but always included Joanie’s friends too. He said silly things and made you feel like you’d always been a part of the fun.

On the morning of Shawn’s passing, I sat in disbelief as I heard the news, and still have trouble accepting it. Joanie’s strength and resolve to keep life “normal” for Parker and Carly has me in awe once again of a dear friend that I admire and love dearly.

While Shawn no longer walks among us, he has without a doubt left a legacy of love, kindness, fun, and most importantly, he has left his imprint on all of us. God bless Joanie, Parker and Carly as they adjust to their new normal. Parker and Carly, I have some funny stories to share with you about your dad next time I see you. I’m sure I’m not the only one… cuz your daddy left us all laughing, and that is how I will always remember him.

With all my love and support,
Kristin Soracco Archbold

No comments:

Post a Comment