Sunday, December 25, 2011

Words from a Camp Androscoggin Friend

I was so saddened to hear of Shawn’s death and it made me think back to the fun times we had. I met Shawn 30 years ago, when I was a travelling Aussie, and we both worked at Camp Androscoggin. We became firm friends and enjoyed many memorable adventures during the three summers I spent in Maine at camp. I remember what a genuine, sincere person he was and how people liked having him around – he was a favourite with the kids at camp too. I was also lucky enough to visit his family home and meet his lovely Mum and the rest of Shawn’s family. Since then Shawn and I have kept in touch across the globe and email has certainly helped that continue (I am sure Joanie has had a fair amount of influence there too). I am sure he will be missed by all those close to him and I will miss knowing he is there and also our email chats and Christmas news/photos. Our lives are all little less cheerful without him.

Kim (MacLaren) Wilkinson. Sydney, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment