Friday, January 6, 2012

Words from Steve Proeschel

Dear Joanie,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Shawn. While I know words can’t heal your pain, I wanted to offer my condolences and prayers. While you probably don’t remember, we met a few times when Shawn was at Piper. I work in Public Finance and frequently interacted with Shawn on debt issues for our clients.

I wanted to share a brief memory of Shawn with you. I always enjoyed his professionalism, humor and smile. However, my deepest memory is during the financial meltdown in 2008 when the action market collapsed. It was a time of enormous pressure and stress and Shawn was at the epicenter as auction debt became unmarketable. During this incredibly difficult time, Shawn handled himself with grace and poise. I was always in awe of how he could handle the anxiety, multiple demands and sheer difficulty of the times. Through it all, he maintained perspective and even a sense of humor. In the words of a colleague, he was “a true warrior”. I wanted to share this with you and maybe you can share it with your children as a story about their dad.

I’m so sorry for you. I hope that you can find some peace in the months ahead. There are many of us here in Minneapolis who are thinking of, and praying, for you. You are not alone.

Steve Proeschel

No comments:

Post a Comment