Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Words from Lisa Thompson

I knew Shawn through my friendship with Joanie. Since we heard the terrible news, memories keep popping up for me. The most frequent ones go back to the cabin (pre-kids) where it always seemed that Shawn was in his element and all was right with the world. I remember him putting in the floating dock so Joanie and I could hang out and read and then keeping our drinks filled. I remember deep fried turkey, awesome risotto. Oh the food! What will you and the kids eat now Joanie? We would all hang out by the fire and chat, usually with one heated topic included. I remember the pop up camper and that jeep! Then the kids came and the fun continued, just in a different way. He always had endless energy making sure they were entertained. I admired that about him. The cabin won't be the same without energetic Shawn - getting a million things accomplished in one day- with a smile on his face the entire time.
I of course have Shawn and Joanie to thank for introducing me to my husband Bill. That blind date dinner party that you hosted at your house for the four of us is also a favorite memory. Shawn even enhanced/fabricated my reaction post dinner party during a conversation with Bill. Thus, without Shawn date number two wouldn't have happened.

During your married time in Minneapolis, we always lived a mile away from each other, so the memories are many. They will just keep popping up and bringing a smile to my face and many others. Shawn was an excellent father and a good man with a huge heart. I can't imagine what the future looks like without him. He will be greatly missed. Just know Joanie, Parker and Carly that he loved you so very much. His love for you will live on forever.

Lisa Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment