Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Words from Dave Nolan

Joanie-

I've spent the last 5 days remembering things that had slipped to the corners of my mind. After being acquaintances at St. thomas, Shawn and I were roommates for three years in Chicago. We went to the Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks and White Sox (the last, my bachelor party) together. We saw Jimmy Buffett, Bruce Hornsby, and Paul Cebar and the Milwaukeeans. We walked the lakefront, ran the lakefront, and rode the lakefront. We golfed in the city, in the suburbs, and in Traverse City.

In three years, I grew to be a better person because I had lived with Shawn. He taught me about loyalty, friendship, giving, and love. I could not have picked a better person to be my friend.

God Blessed me with Shawn's Love and Friendship. God has called him back much too soon. I will miss my friend and think of him always. All my memories of Shawn will end with a smile. As time moves forward, and the pain fades, the smiles will grow.

You and Parker and Carly are in our thoughts and prayers. Shawn will watch over you and smile upon you with pride and joy as you go forward.

I will miss my friend for the rest of my days.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment